Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Today was quite a hectic day. We started the day with a Halloween parade at Andrew's school. I was not too sure about how he was going to act - in years past, as soon as he sees me, he starts crying and want to go home. When I dropped him off, all signs pointed to another year like the past - he was pouting and saying that he did not want to be a pirate (ARGH - after all that searching, right?). I'm happy to report, he stayed with his class and marched through the entire parade and then posed for pictures with his friends and teachers.


Once the parade was over, I changed Andrew out of his pirate outfit..I'm so glad I did, when I picked him up later, he had remnants of the Halloween party treats ALL over his shirt. Then, off to his class he went - he was the line leader so he could have cared less that I was not with them. My little guy is growing up! Later in the day, his class had their Halloween party - where they totally got hyped up on cupcakes, cookies and candy - it was a complete madhouse of kids on a sugar high when I arrived to pick up Andrew and Lex at 5 pm. We headed out to Jen's house for pizza and trick or treating with Lex (Belle) and Olivia (Alice in Wonderland). We have trick or treated with Andrew's buddy, Matthew, in the past and when those two boys are together, they are not afraid of anything scary...they'll walk through it all to get to CANDY. So, I was interested to see how Andrew would do as the one little guy with the two little ladies. Well, I had nothing to worry about...he hit every house that we went to - scary decorations or not. Could it be that he could not see anything?




Olivia was right there with him. It took Lex a little while to warm up to the idea, but by the end of the night, she was hitting all the houses without scary decorations with Andrew and Olivia. Of course, there were a few crying episodes and a couple of freakouts - but I think that comes with 3 4 year olds who had an extremely busy day with alot of sugar. By 8:45, the kids were done, so we headed back to Jen's house and the kids checked out their loot, "rested" with Colin and tormented Brandon.




Andrew was so worn out, he asked to be put to bed when we got home! That's a sign of a GREAT day! Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the picture of the kids piled on Colin! Glad you guys had a great Halloween!