Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Changes

Anyone who knows Andrew knows he is TERRIBLE with change. He is fearless when it comes to trying anything physical (obviously - see all his battle scars from running into bushes and falling off sofas!), but screw with the order in his world and he loses his mind.
With the new school year starting, the entire daycare that Andrew attends, changes their schedule. So, I used to drop him off in his class when they had gym time. This allowed his teacher to engage him one on one - normally resulting in Andrew saying "Miss Lily, you can't catch me!" and Miss Lily chasing him. As of Tuesday, the kids are in computer class when I drop him off....bad, very bad. Miss Lily can give him attention, but it's not like when he goes into the gym. She tried very hard today to get him to engage on the computer, but Andrew was having no part of that. He clung to my leg and when I tried to detach him, he crawled under a table. Poor little guy...he going to get used to the new schedule and then he's going to transition to a new class (the 4 year old class) in 3 weeks. I feel terrible, but I know that 5 minutes after I leave, he's a completely different child - playing and laughing with all his friends (I've checked in the video screens his day care has in the reception) I guess that's the down side of Andrew being such a momma's boy. :-(

No comments: