Monday, September 24, 2007

Why I should never be responsible for the camera at any non-child event

When it comes to Andrew and all his activities, I'm a serious shutterbug. I swear, I snap 30-50 pictures a week of our little guy. But when it comes to capturing non- Andrew events, I have determined, I should NEVER be in charge of the camera.
For example, on our long "parents-only" event in New York at the end of August, I lugged my camera around NYC with the girls for the whole day, but did not take one solitary picture - nada. just the fact that we were enjoying NYC with some of our closest friends should have been incentive enough, but, it's NYC and there is some really amazing architecture in the city. Thank God we had so much fun, we're thinking of making it an annual event.
So, fast forward to yesterday. We have had Redskins season tickets in the Wood family since 1995 (I think - been a while!). I am a huge Redskins fan and have been known to be a crazy fan when certain ex-players pass us in public. Colin and I used to go to the home opener every year - before Andrew. So the past couple of years, we have been absent at the home games - it's much easier to negotiate with Andrew from the comfort of the Wing Factory or the couch in our basement while the game is on. Well, one of my girlfriends, Jen, actually happens to be a sports fan and so yesterday we ventured out to the game by ourselves. Of course, typical type A moms that we are, we had tons of food, beer, soda and water, chairs to tailgate and a camera (I brought that one) - everything for a perfect tailgate and day at the game. And how many pictures did I take? ONE...and it was not even of the two of us - it was of the pumpkin beer sitting on my bumper that we drank before we went into the game.
Jen - I had a GREAT time...and you were so sweet not to gloat about the wheels falling off the Redskins wagon in the 2nd half. If you want to go to next years NY/Redskins game, we obviously know who should be in charge of the camera!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Where's the infamous picture?! Hahaha! Had such a great time! This will be our annual event :)