Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Eat your heart out Williams-Sonoma

My girlfriends and I took a cookie and cupcake decoration class at the local Williams Sonoma store last year. By all accounts, the techniques "taught" in the class were definitely made for people who have ALOT of time on their hands. For example, the instructor showed us how to "frame" the cookie with a outline of icing and then "color" the inside of the cookie. The catch here is that you have to wait 4-6 hours between the framing and coloring...who the heck has 4-6 hours to wait to frost cookies?

Fast forward to February...Andrew's class has a Valentines' Day party 2 days in a row and I signed up to bring cookies on Day 1. I totally fast tracked the whole outlining and coloring into 1 1/2 totalwith the help of a 4-year old. Check out how we did! The kids were definitely on a sugar high when I picked Andrew on Wednesday afternoon.


No comments: