Sunday, April 27, 2008

5k to do again

This morning, Jen and I ran the George Washington Parkway Classic 5k in Alexandria (we'll shoot for the 10 miler next year if we don't die running the Army 10 miler in the fall!). It was a very early morning - Jen was at my house by 6:15 and we were on the road soon there after. Normally, we have someone there to take pictures and give us moral support, but since it was such a hike and it so early, we left the boys and the kids comfortably sleeping in bed. So no pictures to document today's race, but we do have official times (Jen was incognito today as Trace Ann Green).
http://www.gwparkwayclassic.com/RaceResults/08GWPkwy5K.htm
It was a beautiful run - starting off on the George Washington Parkway, running through some of the most pretty parts of Old Town Alexandria ending up down near the Potomac on Canal Street. It reminds me of what I miss most living in the suburbs - the ease of "city" life. Living within walking distance of a variety of things to do any time of day. While, I totally love our house and our life in the 'burbs, I do think we'll be making a road trip down to Alexandria for a visit soon. And I'll definitely put this race on my list of runs to do again.

2 comments:

Me said...

Yahoo, Amy updated her blog :-)

CK said...

I should hope you'll come to Old Town soon. :)