Saturday, October 6, 2007

Busy weekend ahead

We are up and moving early this morning - actually I should rephrase...I am up and moving early this morning. This weekend is packed - I'll be registering for the 2008 ScrapBowl this morning at 11 am http://www.getcroppin.com/feb_class.cfm . I'm super excited to go - I'm really beginning to enjoy putting together pages that document the fun times Colin, Andrew and I have with our family and friends. Then Andrew and I will be heading out to catch the end of the Columbus Day Parade and Sterlingfest with Andrew's buddy Matthew.

Colin's dad and younger brother, Tom, arrive at 2 pm today so he's going to be getting the house somewhat organized for them. Tonight I'm heading out to Alexandria to go to the Mount Vernon Wine Festival with some friends. This is an annual event that we hit every year and we normally discover some new Virginia winery that has GREAT wine and buy a bunch of wine to enjoy over the next few months. http://www.mountvernon.org/calendar/index.cfm/fuseaction/event/calID/72/

Tomorrow, some of my friends and I are going to a Williams Sonoma class on decorating cookies and cupcakes and following it up with a girls day brunch. It's also game day - the Redskins play the Lions at 1 pm. One of my favorite Redskins players, Gary Clark, is being inducted into the Redskins Hall of Fame. He was an amazing receiver for the team during some of their better years and it does not hurt that he went to my alma mater - James Madison University! So, I'll be cheering the team on in spirit during our girl's brunch...I'm going to spare my girlfriends and not wear my jersey to the class or brunch even though that breaks the Wood family game day rule! More to follow.....

No comments: