Monday, October 8, 2007

Gotta love 34 - 3

Ok, I'm the first to admit, I'm a HUGE Redskins fan http://www.redskins.com/ ...so much so, I have suffered through the countless seasons of possibility only to be disappointed in the end and been known to chase after certain players in the local shopping center to chat with them (of course, I never have my camera or anything they can sign!) Since 1993 when Joe Gibbs retired, we have had 6 head coaches - Richie Petitbon, Norv Turner, Terry Robiskie, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier and then Joe Gibbs again in 2004. When Daniel Snyder managed to pull Joe Gibbs out of retirement to come back and coach the Redskins for a 2nd time, we had a party.

Now, Joe Gibbs football will give you a stress attack on a weekly basis...the games are ALWAYS close and they come down to the last minutes of the game. I don't ever get my nails done during football season, because I bite them all off watching the game each week. So imagine my delight to get in the car Sunday afternoon and hear the score 14-0 - Redskins ahead. And they managed to keep the lead - even though many of the starters were out with injuries - and won, not a nailbiter, but a good solid thumping of the Detriot Lions with the final score 34-3 (who by the way, are supposed to have an incredible offense!) What a great way to close out the weekend!

No comments: