Monday, August 27, 2007

Child Free weekend

This weekend we (Dan, Trace Ann, Colin, Jen, Brandon and I) had a child free weekend in New York. Colin and I have not done this since Andrew was really little - I think he was 18 months. We had such a blast.

We left at noon on Friday and Dan was sweet enough to drive up (and back) to New York in their CX-9. It has a DVD player which was Colin's saving grace on the way up. He sat in the back with the girls and after about an hour of girl talk (he told me later that he had no idea how much time women spent talking about their hair), he put the headphones on and watched "300"

Colin has never been to New York before, so the guys went to Ground Zero and looked at the Statue of Liberty from across the river before taking in a Mets/Dodgers game. The girls headed out for day of shopping. We had so much fun, we forgot to take many pictures (34 between the 3 of us!) which is huge since we are all major shutterbugs! Both night we ate a great restaurants - although I think Butter was our favorite by far. Overall, it was a great trip - I was relaxed and ready to go back to work...at least until I opened my inbox and there were 200+ e-mail waiting for me!

Meanwhile, Andrew had a busy weekend with Grandma and Grandpa - they all looked exhausted when we got home Sunday. Andrew had taken no nap all weekend and stayed awake until 10 pm each night...think they were all glad to see us.

No comments: